Kalamazoo Packaging designed and built this Dual Ring, Dual 12″ Film Head Winder for Manhattan Door Corporation in Carlstadt, NJ.
The dual ring horizontal winder was designed and built to give the option of wrapping with a standard clear or black UV protective film. Fully-Automatic, the film is determined by an integrated bar code scanner. Eliminating the need for additional personnel. All KPS Horizontal Winders are fully guarded with expanded metal. Floor Layout Operators Manual Video
Dual Ring Horizontal Winder:
- (2) 3 hp. 480 v A C variable speed motor with a right angle gear reducer.
- (2) AC Solid state variable speed motor controller.
- 0- 34 RPM, friction wheel drive
- Floor to center of ring . 46.0″
- 51” wide x 110 ” long powered belt gravity roller bed conveyor . 1 hp. 480 v AC
- Variable speed motor with a right angle gear reducer.
- AC Solid state variable speed motor controller. Center drive reversible
- 2-1/2” dia. x 11ga. Gravity rollers set on 6” centers, 3” dia. end idler rollers, 4” dia. Drive roller
- Height floor to top of conveyor bed 42.0”
- Dual 10-12” Kalamazoo Variable Tension Film Delivery with MC5.5 brake.
- 480/3/60 hz. 30amp ( This system is supplied with solid state AC drives, PLC, and sensors. A clean power source must be supplied to the system without voltage spikes or drops.)
- 80 PSI ( Air must be clean and dry)
Wrap Cycle: Place the product onto the input conveyor and push the Cycle Start button. Or, if the system is going to be put inline with other conveyors a sensor will automatic turn on the input conveyor.The input conveyor will come on and convey the product into the Winder. The Winder ring will start applying the film to the front edge of the product and the conveyors will come on and convey the product thought the Winder. The conveyors will stop and the Winder will apply the film to the tail end of the product.The Winder will automatic cut the film and the output conveyor will come back on and convey the product out of the Winder. End of cycle. Features:
- Mitsubishi PLC
- Powered Belt Roller Conveyors
- Spring hold down rollers with 2 inches of travel
- Banner sensors
- Fully guarded
- Kalamazoo variable tension 10-12″ film delivery
- Automatic film starting and cutting
- Automatic shut down when film door is open
- Direct friction drive
- Computer designed for smooth running and easy maintenance
- 10-12” Variable t tension film delivery with steel housing bearing spaced 2-3/8” apart.
- Larger access door on end of Winder
- 6” Dia. Spring tensioned hold down rollers
- Conveyor pause button, 1/2 second per push and accumulative time
- Mid cycle stop
- Adjustable overlap. ( 2 each changeable times located inside if control cabinet.)
- 850PBRC50x110 51” Wide x 110” long Powered belt gravity roller conveyor
<!– Video Here –!>